Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coffee and a hurts-donut* please.

Donut shop coffee is like my personal Kryptonite.  I can't say no to it.  I'm not even in it for the donuts as much as I am the little paper cup with the pop-top plastic lid.

 
Oh Krispy Kreme.  I love you too.

Not all fast food coffee is created equal.  McDonald's is always a little too oily for my taste; Burger King's offering tastes burnt; Starbucks is just OKAY, given that it's overpriced and way too full of itself.  But a cup from Dunkin' Donuts, or Tim Hortons, or (my holy grail) Krispy Kreme?  Yum.

Most of the time I don't even want the donut; I think the coffee just tastes better because it comes with that deliciously yeasty, glazey smell.  Thank God smells don't have calories or I'd be a hundred pounds heavier.

Judgment-free indulgence, right this way!

*(punch) Hurts, don't it? 

2 comments:

erin said...

This is the second time today I've seen that very picture of that very donut and I'm pretty sure it's also about to be the second time I'm gonna have to wipe the drool off my face. Gee, thanks.

sarah said...

Oh...Tim Horton's.....