Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I snooze, you lose

There is something SO satisfying about getting to sleep in on a weekday.  

Weekends too, yeah, but everybody gets to do that.  I'm talking about a random day in the middle of the week where you, just you, get to lounge around for a little bit longer than the rest of the worker bees. 

My office hours are usually the typical 8-to-5 buzz, but twice a week I get to come in late, and those two days are the highlights of my work week.  Wednesdays start at 9, and Thursdays - glorious Thursdays! - don't start until 11.  I've thought about running errands during that time:  the bank, the post office, dare I say a trip to the gym?  But I always end up snuggling down into the covers while J shuffles around, grumbling at his alarm clock.  

...and I'm not even sorry.

 You and me both, sister.

3 comments:

sarah said...

This is my jealous face.

a. mrs said...

i second that. very jealous. i used to get to lounge until noon, not anymore. sadface.

Rach said...

It cancels out: I have to work till 8 tonight. It's a small price to pay, though. 11:00 kicks 8:00's ass every day of the week.