Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Unoriginal sin.

It never fails:  every year in mid-February, when a bunch of us are out walking around with sooty thumbprints on our foreheads, someone will go all Helpy Helperson on us.

"Dude?  You got something on your face."

I KNOW.  Thirteen years of Catholic school wouldn't let me NOT get smudged today.

But then it made me think of the epic battle of dirt vs. clean... and then BOOM, there you have it, this week's little indulgence.

Is it weird that I like to clean?  Spring cleaning is one of my guilty pleasures FOR.SURE.  When I moved to this fair city, I brought an entire carload* of cleaning supplies:  Windex and Clorox wipes and a Swiffer WetJet and a vacuum cleaner and two kinds of Pledge and countertop cleaner from Williams-Sonoma and those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and more, so much more.  J was like "um, OCD much?"

Well, not officially, no, but man, do I love me some clean.  The scent of a gleaming kitchen, and the way sunlight shines on a polished-smooth coffee table?  Awesome.  

Maybe I can combine my newfound magic power and my love for the smell of Cinch and see if we can get rid of some of this snow...

 To the face!  Take THAT dirt and snow!

*a 2000 Honda CR-V EX, to be precise... or "the sweet sweet Curve" as it is more commonly known

2 comments:

Deena said...

Wanna come over this weekend? I'll make the martinis; you clean stuff. Deal?

sarah said...

I convinced the fiance to do this last weekend. I was in HEAVEN.

P.S. Your Outsiders reference was beyond BRILLIANT.